What is Area konnect?
Fidelity Bank‘s Area Konnect is Fidelity Bank’s agency banking arm. Just like EcoBank’s Xpresspoint and UBA’s UBA Moni, Area Konnect brings financial services from the bank to your neighborhood and saves you the stress of going to the bank.
Banks are now repositioning their scope to suit the contemporary trend of convenient and decentralized banking. Fidelity Bank now equips agents with smart Point-Of-Sales (POS) devices that can effectively complete all the transactions you could need a bank for. All at a little cost.
This article will on how to register to become a Fidelity Bank Area Konnect agent, and how to find the nearest agents to you, amongst other things.
RELATED ARTICLES: How to: Apply for OPay POS in Nigeria
Why Agency Banking is Important Now
- They are accessible. The bank is literally at your doorstep.
- They are swift, as they only entertain a few customers per time. No unnecessary queues.
- Secure transactions, enabled by PIN.
- Flexible opening and closing hours. You can even patronize them in the wee hours/dead of the night.
- Saves transportation cost
- They decongest the banking halls
- You can observe your social distancing and still do your transactions
What Services are Offered by a Fidelity Area Konnect Agent?
- Cash withdrawals
- Bill payments
- Cash deposits
- Funds transfer
- Airtime and internet data purchase
- Account opening
- And others
How Do I Register to Become a Fidelity Bank’s Area Konnect Agent?
Wondering how to register on Area Konnect? Although it will cost you ZERO Naira to get Fidelity Bank’s POS, you still have to meet all requirements set by the bank.
The requirements include:
- A valid means of identification e.g, international passport, DL, National ID, or voter’s card
- Ten thousand naira (N10,000) down a deposit
- A smartphone. Android or iOS.
- A recent utility bill of your proposed operating site. The space must be easily accessible, and not too close to other agents
- A Fidelity ‘514’ account was specially created for Area Konnect agents.
Take these with you to the nearest Fidelity Bank for necessary registration.
How to Find the Nearest Fidelity Bank Agent to You
If you have an internet-enabled device, set your location as ON. Then click this link provided by Fidelity Bank.
FAQS About Fidelity Bank Area Konnect Agency Banking
How can I tell if an outlet is authentic or fake?
- Every Agent’s outlet is boldly branded with Fidelity Bank signage.
- Every agent must have the following details about them. Feel free to ask for it to confirm if they are bonafide agents.
- Agent ID
- Agent Name
- Agent address
- Fidelity Bank Trueserve. Do NOT do transactions with unauthorized persons.
Who is a Fidelity Bank Area Konnect Agent?
Authorized persons that perform banking transactions on behalf of the Fidelity Bank.
I don’t use Fidelity Bank, can I still do transactions using Area Konnect Agents?
Absolutely – whether you are a Fidelity Bank customer or a customer of another bank, you can use Area Konnect.
What do I need to transact at an Agent’s stall
- Account Number
- Debit/Credit Card
- One Time Passcode (OTP) sent to your phone number (whenever needed)
What will be my receipt after the transaction?
- A receipt from the POS device used
- Transaction SMS alert
How much do I need to get Fidelity Bank’s POS?
At least 10k naira
What is the sharing formula between Fidelity Bank and the agent?
|Transaction Types||Fees from clients(N)||Agent Commission(N)|
|Cash-Out||50% of Charge|
|N1 – N10,000||100|
|Cash-In||50% of Charge|
|N1 – N5,000||50|
|N5,001 – N30,000||100|
|N30,001 – N100,000||150|
|N100,001 – N1M||200|
|Fund Transfer(Fidelity Bank)||75% of Charge|
|N30,001 – N100,000||50|
|N100,001 – N1M||200|
|Fund Transfer(Other Banks)||60% of Charge|
|N20,001 – N100,000||50|
|N100,001 – N500,000||200|
|N500,001 – N1M||250|
|Bills Payment(any amount)||100||100% of Charge|
|Airtime Sales(any amount)||Free||2% of Charge|
|Account Opening + (Funded Account)||Free|
If I have an issue, who do I contact?
To talk to Fidelity Bank, call 01-4485252, Tel: 070034335489, Whatsapp: +2349030005252. Email: [email protected]
Leave a Reply